Friday, February 24, 2012

For all my American friends who always ask about haggis. This should answer all your questions. And yes I do really enjoy haggis it is VERY tasty, most delicious, and my family always tries to have it on Burns night, January 25. Enjoy!
I have never made my own haggis, I don't think I would be able to get the majority of the ingredients here in the USA so I have to rely on American versions, I've found an American version of haggis in AJ's but I've never seen it anywhere else. 
When I visit Scotland I always have to indulge in haggis a few times my family loves it. My son and husband love to get a haggis supper. This is one of the many delicacies served up at the local chippy (fish and chip shop) in Scotland. A haggis supper consists of one piece of haggis, think jumbo sausage, dipped in batter and, of course, deep fried and served with chips (fries). Yummy my mouth is watering at the thought. By the way at the local chippy EVERYTHING is deep fried, so if you visit Scotland only visit the chippy a few times, that's my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment